URBANA, Ill. – Registration is now open for the 2015 University of Illinois Corn and Soybean Classics.
“We look forward to welcoming back many who have attended one or more of our previous meetings and extend a warm welcome to those who will attend for the first time,” said Aaron Hager, a U of I associate professor of weed science.
The program, which runs from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at various dates and locations throughout January 2015, will feature eight presentations that emphasize crop production, pest management, economics, and the interactions among them.
Market updates will be provided throughout the day, and communication between speakers and participants is encouraged. Question and answer sessions are scheduled for both morning and afternoon sessions.
The dates and meeting locations for the 2014 Corn & Soybean Classics are:
- Wednesday, Jan. 7 - Peoria Par-A-Dice Hotel
- Thursday, Jan. 8 - Moline iWireless Center
- Friday, Jan. 9 - Malta Kishwaukee College
- Monday, Jan. 12 - Springfield Crowne Plaza
- Tuesday, Jan. 13 - Champaign I Hotel and Conference Center
- Wednesday, Jan. 14 - Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn
The following list of speakers applies to each conference date. Travel schedules may require a change in the order of speakers. Program speakers and topics of discussion include:
- Jim Angel - Weather conditions in 2014 and the outlook for 2015
- Richard Cooke - Optimizing drainage systems to improve yields and water quality
- Gary Schnitkey - Crop economic outlook and responses to that outlook
- Mike Gray - Inputs and insect management: Considerations for 2015
- Carl Bradley - Getting to know the foliar diseases of corn
- Emerson Nafziger - Nitrogen on corn
- Aaron Hager - The best laid plans for weeds by man sometimes go awry
- Scott Bretthauer - Evaluating drift reduction technologies for making applications of dicamba and glyphosate
A noon lunch and a proceedings booklet containing synopses of all presentations will be provided to each registrant. Registrations received Dec. 6 – 19 and all on-site registrations are $75.00.
Register for the 2014 University of Illinois Corn and Soybean Classics at http://www.cropsciconferences.com.
For more information call 1-800-321-1296 or 217-333-4424.